The Radio Signal Modelers Club was chartered by the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) in 1971. Our club is also chartered by the Forest Preserve of Cook County (FPCC) to operate and maintain the flying field located in Schiller Woods at Cumberland and Irving Park Road.
Our club activities includes various Fun Flys throughout the season, presentations by members, unboxing of kits, how-to’s, projects at hand, special group functions, and site improvements and enhancements, as well as running regular club business. We have a diversified group of members with skills and knowledge ranging throughout the RC spectrum.
- Join us for in-person meeting with pizza and drinks. at: Schiller Woods Flying on the 2nd of every month from 6:30pm May thru September
- Join the meetings on Zoom on the 2nd Monday of every month at 6:30 PM
- From October thru April (if it rains) we meet at Schiller Park Community Center located at 4501 North 25th Ave Schiller Park, IL
The flying field is located about 1/8th of a mile west of Cumberland Avenue on Irving Park Road. The field would be on your left side if you are heading west on Irving Park Road.
- This field has a “FAA Drone Restricted Airspace” warning sign posted by the Forest Preserve of Cook County (FPCC).
- There is a parking lot for RC pilots and a handicapped access paved walkway.
- There is also Port-A-Potty maintained by the FPCC.
The flying field has a east/west paved runway configuration. The dimensions are 300 feet long and 50 feet wide.
There are various flight stands available to the RC pilots and picnic type benches with umbrellas for relaxing before your next flight.
Rotary aircraft are designated at either west or east end of the pit area.